Teens!! Starting June 15, you can join Richmond Public Library’s online Teen Summer Reading Club! Write and post book reviews on any Teen book on our blog for a chance to win some great book prizes.
We will also be running the Teen SRC 2022 Design Contest (next year’s theme is Time Travel). Submissions must be received by August 31, 2021 and for more details, go here.
We’re so excited to be have some great prizes for participants in this year’s Teen SRC. Here are a list of prizes that you could win:
– Weekly Review Prize: 1 teen will win 1 book prize each week this summer starting July 7th.
– Teen SRC 2022 Design Contest: the winner will be awarded 3 Book Prizes.
– Most Reviews Written Grand Prize: The teen who writes the most books reviews on the blog this summer will win 3 Book Prizes!
Throughout the summer, RPL will be hosting a variety of online programs and events this summer, including Virtual Heist game, Writing Programs, a Club QuaranTeen, and Kahoot trivia challenges. For more details, visit the library’s website or check out our online events calendar.
As an author of this blog, you will be able to post reviews of all the TEEN books you are reading this summer. Here are some instructions for you:
Posting a review:
- Email us your name and age to firstname.lastname@example.org to register. We will assist you in creating an account, and an initial password. We will also provide you with any additional information you may need.
- Choose any TEEN book that you have currently read (as this is a reading club for teens, any reviews for junior books will not be published on the blog) and write at least 2-3 sentences about the book. Let readers of your review know what the book is about (no spoilers please) and whether or not you would recommend this book to others. A rating system of some sort works great!
- Click on “Posts” (on the left hand menu), and then click on the “Add New” button
- Use the following to title your review: Teen SRC 2020: Book Title by Author’s name
- Find the image of your book cover on our library catalog here and copy and past the image of your book cover into your review.
- Before posting your review make sure you proofread it and preview it
- Once you are happy with your review click POST
- Moderators will check your reviews and will publish your review as soon as possible
- Read a good review? Let the author know by sending them a comment!
Note: All reviews MUST be original work. Our moderators will be checking each review for plagiarism. If it is determined that the work is not original your review will not be published. Should you choose to use quotes from other sources be sure to cite your work appropriately. Click on this link for more information about how to cite your work.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How do I join the blog?
- Simply email us your name and age to email@example.com to register. We will assist you in creating an account, and an initial password. We will also provide you with any additional information you may need.
- I have tried to login, but it is not working.
- Send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get to the bottom of why you are not able to login.
- I posted my review awhile ago, but it still has not shown up on the blog!
- Our moderators are working hard to format and verify all reviews. They may be in the process of approving your review. However, if your review was not original content (borrowed from Goodreads for example OR your choose a junior book, your review will not be published. You can always edit your review and repost with original content).
- How do I win prizes?
- Each week two winners will be selected. One winner will be selected on merit (for an exceptionally written review) and the other winner will be selected at random through a draw.
- Can I win more than once?
- Yes! Although you may not win a second weekly prize at least one grand prize winner will be chosen at the end of summer. So, keep those reviews and comments coming! More details about the grand prize will be announced soon.
- Other questions? Send us an email at email@example.com we will answer your question as soon as possible.