Even though things are a little different right now at RPL, we are happy to announce that we are doing our Annual Teen Poetry Contest again this year! We are always excited to celebrate Poetry Month and can’t wait to read all of your submissions. Here are some of the details about the contest:
Feeling creative? Want a way to express your feelings about what’s going on in your life? Write a poem and submit your entry to us between April 1 – 30. Please email your poem to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your name, age and grade.
- Age Categories:
- Group 1: 12-15 years old
- Group 2: 16-18 years old
- Any format of poem is acceptable.
- Length: No longer than one single-spaced typed page
- Must be an original work
Groups 1 & 2:
- 1st Place – $35 gift certificate to Richmond Centre
- 2nd Place – $15 gift certificate to Richmond Centre
Creativity, clarity, originality, and the literary merit or message of the poem
* RPL reserves the right to disqualify any offensive and/or inappropriate submission